Attorney Brown brings seasoned, hands-on, information technology experience to your project. He currently develops software using primarily Java (since 1996), Python, PHP, HTML/XML, and SQL—but has experience in several other languages and data analysis tools (R and Octave).
His computer experience stretches back to the mid-1980s and includes developing advanced software and web applications, mobile applications, database migration, running an internet hosting operation, networking, computer security, data security, database development, project management, project budgeting, and systems administration. He has worked with Windows (since 1990) and Linux (since 1996).
Shannon worked professionally prior to obtaining a law degree and served as a Chief Information Officer (CIO), CEO, senior software architect, and consulting technologies developer.
Technology Skills Summary
- Cybersecurity training & technical certification (e.g., CompTIA Security+ ce, Sept. 2014- Sept. 2017)
- Java software developer (since 1996)—projects in Java SE, Java EE, Java ME, SWT
- Web applications developer (since 1996)—projects in PHP, ASP (classic), PERL/CGI, HTML
- Database development (since 1993)—JavaDB/Apache Derby, SQLite, MS SQL Server, PostGreSQL, MySQL, Maria DB, FoxPro, Access, Object databases (PSE)
- Systems administration (since 1996)—Linux since 1996 and Windows since 1990 (some Solaris), former owner of a web hosting firm
- Data Analytics, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence
- Systems security–Metasploit, nmap, John the Ripper, firewall config, etc.
Recent Technology Projects
- Lackawanna Bar Association—interim website development
- Prolorem™ eDi eDiscovery Software
- Author of a “predictive coding” (technology assisted review, predictive analytics) software project using machine learning and natural language processing algorithms. Java SE development with SWT front-end and various SQL database back-ends.